Last week was Dental Assistants Recognition week and we celebrated Flawless Dental’s dental assistants on our Facebook page. Today, we will talk a little about the role of a dental assistant within a dental practice!
What is a dental assistant?
Dental assistants play an integral role in any dental practice. They have many responsibilities, including record-keeping, scheduling, and assisting in patient care. A dental assistant’s daily duties will vary from state to state, day to day, and practice to practice.
What does a dental assistant do?
Dental assistants work closely with both dentists and dental hygienists to provide support with office and patient care.
Some responsibilities include:
- Sterilizing dental instruments
- Handing instruments to dentists during procedures
- Keeping records of dental treatments
- Processing x-rays and completing other lab tasks (under supervision)
- Administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and handling billing and payments
Dental assistants support dentists and dental hygienists in creating a welcoming, safe, and organized dental practice.
Are you due for your 6-month check-up? Book an appointment today: https://flawlessdental.com/contact-us/request-an-appointment/